Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Weekend Warrior




















With Dawn off in NYC helping with my sister's wedding shower, neighbor Tim and I ran some electrical and put up a kitchen ceiling. Most of the credit goes to Tim who did all the wiring and cut all the paneling for the ceiling. I stood around a lot and tried my best to be helpful.

The new recessed lighting is amazing. It's so bright! The first night with the new lights I kept turning off the lights thinking it would some how dim the lights, rather than simply turn them off (oh....that's how electricity works!). When Dawn came home from NYC on Sunday she was floored with how great everything looked.

The only advice I can give for anyone thinking of trying this is to have an electrician help you. Even with Tim's expertise it still took us 5 hours. If I had tried this by myself I'd either still be working on it or dead from electrocution.

Blog Note: Next week is a vacation week so there may not be an update. In fact, I'm almost positive there won't be one.

2 comments:

SB said...

Man you all are improving that place at a lightning pace! You should sell it for some Cristal and bling.

Jason said...

Jay-Z says I shouldn't buy Cristal...but bling, bling should be horded like a Mongol on the moors.