Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hunter household performs "Back to the Apple"

Now, the stunning conclusion to 'Traitorous Machines'....

We have resolution. Better yet, we have a new Macbook Pro. Apple decided that it was unacceptable that I wait until Oct. 11th for the replacement part to arrive at their repair facility. Finally! That's what I was saying all along guys!

To Apple's credit, they did right by me. This whole experience, with the crashed hard drive and misleading, contradictory customer service, was frustrating. The constant delays made the bad situation even worse. I just wanted my laptop back; but as my friend said to me, "If Apple wants to give you a Macbook Pro, you take it and run".

The return of a laptop in the house means a return to regular posts. I could have easily typed this up on our desktop computer but, eh - the laptop was so convenient; I can type this up while watching TV with the wife and cat. How ironic, then, that I'm posting this from the basement, using the same desk that the desktop is on.

No comments: