Monday, September 11, 2006

Traitorous Machines

The last 30 days have given me a strong case of ludditism. First, the hardrive on the Powerbook died, taking with it photos, music, calendars and our ability to e-shop while watching Law & Order reruns. Then came various hi-jinks with data loss on the iPod, the last refuge for the data from the Powerbook. Today, I flip on the Dish Network DVR to find that it reset itself in the middle of the night. Where once was 65 Gigs of television, is now nothing. Its like someone stole our DVR and replaced it with one out of the box.

The farce of 'owning' things stored on computers has become apparent to me. I'm now scanning the Sunday advertisements for deals USB jump-drives and cases of DVDs. I'm also familiarizing myself with data back-up and recovery programs.

I want to battle robots; all colors, not just pink.

2 comments:

SB said...

Dude, that sucks! What did you do to piss off the technogods?

Of course, some of us do not even HAVE DVRs, so my pity can only reach a certain level. :)

Jason said...

I must have done something. I wonder what I should sacrifice? Perhaps if I cook a graphing calulator on the grill my ill forture will reverse itself.